Chlorine Dioxide kills bacteria, viruses and cysts found in contaminated water, including common offenders Giardia and Cryptosporidium. These water treatment drops are easy to use and offer a safe and highly effective method of purifying water to remove harmful bacteria, cysts and viruses when travelling.
You may be familiar with chlorine water purification tablets, so you’re probably wondering what the difference is…As well as being more effective than Chlorine at treating contaminated water, Chlorine Dioxide also doesn’t leave a noticeable after-taste after treatment. The pack contains a bottle of purifier and a bottle of activator, as well as a handy mixing clip to make mixing nice and easy. The pack treats up to 60 litres of water.
How to use Lifesystems Chlorine Dioxide Droplets:
Before using these drops, you should ensure that the water you are about to treat is relatively clear and free from debris/particles. You can remove particles from the water by straining the water through a piece of cotton or fine-weave fabric. Open both bottles and add 12 drops from each one into the mix clip. Where heavy microbiological contamination is suspected or the water is very cold, add 24 drops from each bottle. Leave the mixture to react for 10 minutes. Fill a container with 1 litre of water (ensure debris has been removed) that you wish to treat and pour the mixture into the water. Shake the container thoroughly and then leave it to stand for a further 10 minutes before consumption. If you doubled the dosage, wait for 30 minutes before drinking.
Instructions are correct as of 03/08/16 – always read the manufacturer’s instructions listed on the product packaging.