Every traveller will have owned or seen an Osprey Farpoint travel pack on their travels. Osprey have now looked to capitalise on this and expand the range by introducing a wheeled version to their lineup.
SINGLE TUBE TOWBAR
Durable T Bar Towing with Ergonomic Handle
For quick and easy manoeuvring through airport terminals, the extendable towing handle has a comfortable ergonomic grip and in combination with the oversized towing wheels allows you to easily direct the pack around obstacles.
AIRSPEED SUSPENSION SYSTEM
For Backpack Style Carrying
The padded shoulder straps with hip and chest belt for stability offers a great carrying alternative for when you need to get up and go. The suspended back system offers great ventilation when its on your back and keeps the towing housing from making it uncomfortable.
FARPOINT/FAIRVIEW DAYPACK COMPATIBLE
Attach Your Daypack When Needed
The Farpoint 65 is compatible with the Farpoint/Farview Daypack (available separately) and provides the ability to attach to the front of the pack using the compression straps or onto the shoulder straps when carrying the pack on your back.
DAYPACK PIGGY BACKING
Attach a Daypack For Quick Access
The option to connect the Farpoint/Farview Daypack (available separately) to the shoulder straps provides a quick access storage option which is ideal for journeys on the road and when sightseeing giving instant access to all your travel essentials.
INTERNAL COMPRESSION STRAPS
Secure Your Travel Kit
The internal compression straps with side wings ensures your gear stays where its meant to even on long haul and trekking routes. It also helps shrink the volume of your kit for essential space saving.
INTERNAL MESH POCKET
Zipped Mesh Pocket for Kit
The internal zipped mesh pocket located on the opening flap of the travel pack is ideal for dirty laundry or for separating different parts of your kit for different legs of a journey. Also great for keeping smaller travel accessories from getting lost.
QUICK ACCESS TOP POCKET
External Top Pocket For Accessories
Ideal for guidebooks, tickets and other handy accessories, the quick access zipped top pocket if there for items which you need during your travelling.
OVERSIZED 90MM WHEELS
Oversized and Durable Wheels
The robust and oversized wheels on this pack are designed for towing on both even and uneven ground. Along with the robust chassis this provides a durable platform which will perform on all terrains in all destinations.
MULTIPLE LASH POINTS
Attach Additional Kit When Needed
The lower front panel lashing points for ideal for attaching sleeping mats or other gear you want to attach externally.
TOP & SIDE GRAB HANDLES
Quick & Easy Carrying When Needed
The quick and easy carrying, the top and side grab handles allow you to easily carry this pack over shorter distances. Ideal for lifting off the airport conveyor and down off luggage racks.
INTERNAL ALUMINIUM FRAME
Aircraft Grade Aluminium Support Frame
The internal ultralight aluminium frame strengthens the whole pack without adding additional weight like alternative packs do.
One of the key things they have tried to do is offer wheels without adding too much weight, which is now so important with the restrictions placed by airlines. So even though this bag offers a whopping 65 litre of storage space it weighs just 2.8kg which is lighter than some of our traditional travel backpacks.
FARPOINT WHEELS 65 KEY FEATURES
- Extendable Single Tube Handle – with a tactile ergonomic handle for easy steering and towing through airports and cities
- Recycled 210D High Tenacity Nylon Fabric – which is Bluesign approved and has a PFC/PFAS-free water repellent coating
- Oversized 90mm Wheels – with steel bearings for towing even on uneven terrain without damaging the main chassis
- Reinforced Internal Aluminium Frame – gives the bag a permanently rigid structure without adding unnecessary weight which is ideal for towing when only part filled
- Clipped Back Cover for Harness – easily removable back panel which protects the back system during transit and on luggage carousels
- Suspended Unisex Airspeed Back System – creates great airflow around your back which is ideal in warmer climates
- Padded Shoulder Straps with Chest & Waist Straps – for comfortable carrying when carried on your back for longer periods
- Large Front Panel Access – for quick and easy access to your gear and internal compression straps to keep everything in place whilst on the move
- Large Zippered Mesh Pocket – on the flap opening of the main pack which is ideal for laundry or accessories
- Easy Access Zippered Front Pocket – which is ideal for travel documents and travel essentials at the airport
- Two Front Mesh Pockets – designed for water bottles
- Dual External Compression Straps – for compressing and securing your luggage
- Front Panel Lash Points – giving the option to attach additional kit such as tents and roll mats
- Padded Top and Side Grab Handles – for quick carrying and easy access in luggage compartments and stowed areas
- Compatible with Farpoint and Daylite Daypacks – these can be attached to the front and back of the pack for additional storage
Keeping its travel backpack roots this bag has a large main compartment with U shaped opening which makes organising and packing really easy. Inside the lid of the main compartment are two zipped mesh compartments which is great for storing smaller items and travel accessories. Osprey’s packing cube set would also work great with this pack. There is also a compression system inside which helps shrink your luggage down or keep everything in place if it isn’t full. Externally it has more storage options include two mesh bottle pockets and two more zipped compartments for your kit. There are also additional lashing points for fixing more things if needed.
For pulling the bag along on its wheels there is a T-shaped towing handle which extends out at the touch of a button and is hidden away when not needed. The backpack straps also include a chest strap and hip belt for additional comfort and the suspended nature of the back system allows air to flow between you and the bag which is perfect for use in hot climates. All the straps can be easily hidden away with the zip over cover so it can be taken on flights and placed in coach storage without causing problems or damage. A grab handle on the top and sides makes it easy to pick up and carry over short distances such as when queuing at check in.